Monday, August 26

Personal:: My Sister's Wedding


Two weeks ago my sister got married. As I reflect on the Big Day, and the week leading up to it, I keep thinking about all the people that came together to make this wedding not only beautiful, but truly about love and giving of ourselves. There were countless moments and experiences of not just family, but this wonderful little community coming together in support and love as Stephen and Danielle said "For better or worse." 




  As my sisters hair appointment was coming to an end, Shannon Duby of A-DIVA , pulled the styling cape off my sister and in the most genuine tone said her hair appointment and last weeks trial run were both a wedding gift from her and another stylist, Candi Lay. As my sisters eyes welled with tears so did mine. We both gave Shannon a hug and thanked her for her sweet act of kindness on the morning of Danielle's wedding day.


The rest of the morning was spent putting together bouquets, steaming dresses, making sure little ones took their naps and so on.  We then meet up at Lianna's house to get ready together. Like old times, we all crammed into one room, flung clothes, curled each others hair, and gave our opinions on how much make-up the other person should or shouldn't wear.

 

Every once in a while I would remember to pass my camera to someone else in the room. 



 Suzie and Rachael came from Portland with my sister Chanelle and helped tremendously. I could list everything, but it would take too long. They did an excellent job making sure everyone was well fed at the reception and Rachael took a few photos so I could join in helping Danielle into her wedding gown.



 Barry being a sweet uncle to Kendall as everyone else hustled around the house.



We started pictures with some really beautiful lighting. Then a black sky started to come over the mountains and the wind started to blow. Vases were being blown off the tables, hair was everywhere and we all started to get nervous. A big fat summer storm was in the works. And there was no plan B.


Speaking of big... this is our ever growing family about to be blown away.

I couldn't help but post this these photos. He's mine. Cute as ever and always getting himself into something he usually can't get out of!





  
Once the ceremony had started the sun came back out for a few hours. Giving us a little more of the outdoor summer evening we had all envisioned. 

During the middle of the ceremony I saw little Kendall playing sweetly in her saucer. While we all listened to Danielle and Stephen exchange their vows, I couldn't help but smile and cry, to know this moment was equally beautiful and meaningful for her little life, as well as it was for Danielle and Stephen.



A huge thank you to Jesse Rayborn for agreeing to shoot the group photos, family photos and many of the ceremony photos so that I could both be in the wedding as well as photograph as much as I could. I wouldn't have had the privileged of shooting my sisters wedding without his help.  These two beautiful images below are his as well, and I think he rocked his first wedding!



As the night went on we danced through an incredible lightning storm, and even in a little rain. Between the friends and family, the summer storm and seeing my sister and Stephen say yes to forever, this night was one of my favorites.


2 comments:

  1. I love this so much Alyssa, Danielle and Stephen look so happy together, and gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the storm wasn't able to stop your sister’s wedding, Alyssa. Haha! I mean, it gave way for the ceremony; which is a good sign because it means that their union would stand firm against whatever odds they might encounter. That is soo wonderful!

    Hildred @CGliv.com

    ReplyDelete